Saturday, December 5, 2009

When (if ever) did your parents have the ';birds and the bees'; talk with you?

And just how uncomfortable was it?When (if ever) did your parents have the ';birds and the bees'; talk with you?
I'm 24, and my mom never said a word to me about it. I remember a couple years ago, I made a filthy joke during a movie we were watching, and she seemed shocked I knew anything about the subject. My sister, who's 22, and I have joked she's gonna take aside the night before we get married and ';warn us our husbands will have certain....expectations...';When (if ever) did your parents have the ';birds and the bees'; talk with you?
Chris, I never really found out about ';sex'; until that dreary day at school when I had to take sex education. My parents never talked to me about sex because they thought that it would bring about curiosity. Meanwhile, I was being sexually molested by a man living with us and didn't have to ask cause he was already doing that to me and explaining everything to me. Chris, my point is this and I'll shut-up: If you have daughters, please find the time to educate them now.
My mom gave me and my older sister that talk when I was 11, and my sister was 12. First she took my sister to a hotel to spend mother daughter time...and have the talk. She took me the next night. She had told us she needed to talk to us about something...I remember a few days before my sister and I were talking about what she might tell us, and we concluded that our parents were really spys and they wanted us to join them, LOL....big suprise. Anyways when it was my turn my mom and I went window shopping and out for lunch and stuff. Then we came to the hotel and went into the hot tub there. Then later that night we had the talk in the motel room. It wasn't that uncomforatable. It was scary, but not uncomforatable. Anyways I think that is how I am going to tell my kids when I have them. I think I am going to tell them around the age of 10 or 11 though.
My parents never had the birds and bees talk with me. I learned on my own what it was all about.
I never had 1 talk per say. I was just raised in a very open household and anytime I wanted to talk about anything or had a question there was open dialogue. Also coming home from sex ed in elementary school we chatted about what I learned. (FUNNY *** convo looking back on it).
I think I was in 3rd grade...I have 3 sisters, and my dad sat us all down and told us the basics. I am the second oldest, so my youngest sister was really young...around 4. Wow. I never realized that! I doubt she even knew what my dad was saying, but he was an alcoholic and decided we better know earlier than most. I think it's hilarious! I think I'll do it differently with my own kids though...
Never. They shouldnt. it'll mess u up. im glad.
wut is a bird?
my parents didn't i had girl cousins and learned a little and i had older guys living next door and learn things from them about girl...but i taught my kids to talk about anything and they did ask questions when the time came. open talking relationships with parents now days is the best way, with everything that on TV now days its easy learn about things. main thing is always be have safe sex. and explore on your own.
HA HA! My mom tried to tell me all about it when I was 18 and about to get married. I think that is so funny! She really thought that I didn't know...


It was the weirdest conversation I've ever had with my mom!
they never did but im glad that would be kinda weird ESPECIALLY wit ma dad LoL oh well i know errthing there is tha know and do it lol btw im 13
They didn't ever. I just remember as a kid, that whenever I asked, I got an answer that I understood. It was like a process rather than a one-off conversation, which I still admire my parents for.





They did the same with teaching us about alcohol: as we grew up, we were sometimes allowed to take a sip of their beer or wine, later we occasionally got a glass of our own. It was never cool o exciting, just something you grow to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products