Friday, December 11, 2009

Is it true that after a Bee stings you and it's stinger comes off, that after awhile The Bee will die?

And why does it die after losing its stinger?Is it true that after a Bee stings you and it's stinger comes off, that after awhile The Bee will die?
Yes, that is true of honey bees... the bee dies because the back have of its body is ripped out. Imagine if your whole buttocks and a great deal of your torso were ripped right off of your body.... you wouldn't survive too long after that.





Bumble bees on the other don't die after stings. Honey bees and many other types of bees do die after stinging though.





The ';stinger'; is an undeveloped sex organ. Worker bees are undeveloped females, who will develop no further. In the fully developed female or queen bee the stinger is the ovipositor (egg depositing tube) connected to her ovaries, it's just a smooth sharp tube. In the fully developed male, or drone, it's the equivalent of a penis, but it's not smooth it has barbs on it and after he mates the barbs hang up in the queen and it gets ripped out of his body, family jewels and all. He dies from the injury, the queen absorbs his ';testicles'; and they become part of her body, she never has to mate again. In the workers the tube is also barbed, it's connected to poison glands that would be ovaries if she was sexually matured. When she stings the barbs cause the stinger, glands and all, to be ripped from her body, she dies from the injury. That's why you never use tweezers to remove a bee stinger, that will squeeze the attached poison glands and inject more poison,. Try to ';flick'; it out with a finger nail or even a credit card. ( Then use the card to buy anti-histamines.) Some other bees also die after stinging. Wasps do not, and I can tell you from experience that bumble bees do not. I was laying shingles and angered a hive of bumble bees in my roof, my roof? I can link you to a bunch of sites that say bumble bees nest at or under ground level. I did not attempt to debate the apparent discrepancy , I slid down that ladder like butter on a hot skillet. In one direction was the front yard and the door into the house, in the other direction a dead end corner. Them bumbles done me up right good before I got out of that corner, they grabbed a holt of my socks and just crawled in circles around my ankles. Stinging and stinginging and stinginginging and not one expiring. You think your granny has swollen ankles? I had to get out my bell bottom Levis to get past my ankles, but I never did get them past my waist, they musta shrunk over the years since the age of Aquarius. For sure them bees never heard of the era of peace, love, and happiness. Bummer.Is it true that after a Bee stings you and it's stinger comes off, that after awhile The Bee will die?
Honey bees are the only bees who die after they sting. Their stinger has a barb like a fish hook on it, and it stays embedded in the skin when they sting. The stinger is attached to the rest of their insides, so when the stinger stays stuck in the skin, all their guts get pullled out. Very unfortunate for them. Wasps, bumble bees, yellow jackets and hornets all have smooth stingers, which don't get stuck in the victim's skin when they sting. So, they can sting as often as they want to and they don't die.
I don't know why, but sme types of bees die after losing their stinger.
Bee's die after they sting you because when they sting, part of their organs for digestion r ripped off. Since they can't feed, after a while they die.
Yes the bee will die. Its stinger is attached to its abdomen. It loses the lot. 1/3 of its body gone. Ouch!
Im a queen honeybee from a honeyfarm.We have internet access I found out how computer works and we go on internet every night.To answer your question, only my workers can sting only once while my sting is smooth and I don't die if I sting.
The bee's stinger is a seperate object like a hair


it wont die after it stings you


it will grow a new stinger





unless its alergic to humans :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products