Friday, December 11, 2009

I have bee's in my attic, they are actually eating a hole through the corner of my ceiling, what do I do?

I killed about 50 of them one day before I figured out how they were getting in. My ceiling is Drywalled and the hole gets bigger every few days. I have tape over it right now, which has kept them out. I just attempted to patch it, but they came through and attacked me, OUCH! So as the sting fades, could someone help? I am in WI. and it is almost starting to freeze here, which I assume will put them into dormancy but the hole seems to get bigger everyday. I didnt even know it was possible for bees to eat drywall. I am thinking about shooting expandable foam in there to plug it fast, and maybe even douse the hive as well (wishful thinking) but what do I do to keep them from coming back in spring and munching more holes? My attic is a crawl space, with the access on the opposite end of the house, it would be hard to get over the trusses and insulation to find the hive this winter. Im a single mom trying to maintain my home myself....HELP!!!I have bee's in my attic, they are actually eating a hole through the corner of my ceiling, what do I do?
Professonals will cove the hole they use to get in from the outside, then they use a small hole right where they nest and shoot an aresol pyrethrum that kills them on contact. The one pros use is calle PT 565, but I don't think the consumer can get that one, you may be able to pick up a good bottle at a feed store. Anyway, after all of them are dead, you need to remove the comb, because as spring approaches a new group will be attracted to that area. If all else fails, call a pestcontrol pro.I have bee's in my attic, they are actually eating a hole through the corner of my ceiling, what do I do?
contact a professional beekeeper ... they may come collect them for free.
get an exterminator
The exact same thing recently happened in my grandma's home..and the bees were munching their way into her living room! They got ladders and went around to where they were coming in from and sprayed the hole full of Raid (or some other bee killer), then plugged it with that expandable foam you mentioned. From what I've heard, they haven't had a problem since. Best of luck to you!
you need to call a bee recovery guy he will get rid of the bees then you will have to remove the hive or it will start to smell really bad the you can repair the damage.
Sounds like you have wood Bees. Get into your attic when the weather turns cold.I do mean cold! like 30 degrees or lower for a few days. You might want to turn off the heat in your bedroom for a day or two,too. take plastic bags with you and have a friend help you. Find the place where you think they are. With a gloved hand start pulling out the nest. While you're there look around to see where they are getting in. hand your friend the closed bags and get them out of the house. If you can find the hole they are using, put caulk on the hole. But you could call a pest control company.Let them get rid of them for you, But you will still have to caulk the hole(s).
This is a big deal!! You need to contact a company who is knowledgeable in bee removal. I manage condominium associations (I am in SW Florida) and we have had a couple with similar problems. What happens is the bees build a hive in the wall. We had one unit that was so bad honey was oozing through the drywall! You also must make sure they close up the entry (they get in very small holes) and remove the comb if possible because other bees will take up residence in the empty comb.





Good Luck!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products