Friday, December 11, 2009

Can someone help me with the Geography bee?

Can anyone give me any advice or resources to study for the geography bee? I am going to be in the final rounds of the Maine geography bee and need some help. If I win I go to nationals.Can someone help me with the Geography bee?
Firstly I'd read up on the CIA's repost of each country


read the Atlas. Not the wimpy 100 pg one but the full 1000 pager that illustrates in beautiful detail whatever you need to know





Try making 100s of flash cards on everything you think they might test you on


Sample questions: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/geogra鈥?/a>Can someone help me with the Geography bee?
I'm not sure if they still do, but when I went a few years ago, National Geographic had a book with many resources and facts. You could probably find it somewhere. Also, if you get National Geographic Magazine, it comes with sample questions.


Another thing is to get a good globe and from time to time memorize rivers, islands, mountains, lakes, major cities, capitals, and country locations, especially of small, seemingly unimportant countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products