Thursday, June 24, 2010

I have a bee problem. How can I locate the hive?

There are two large (8-9 feet tall), non-flowering bushes that adorn the outside stairway to my apartment building. There is one nearby tree, also. And there are flying insects EVERYWHERE! Mainly bumblebees and wasps (some yellow jackets)...although I see a few honey bees every once in a while. I can't walk outside my front door without having to dodge something flying by. I remember a small problem last year, but I can't remember if it lasted throughout the entire summer. But it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. They're quite the kamikaze sort, and I'm afraid one will fly inside my home or inside my vehicle. How can I locate the hive and have someone take care of the problem?I have a bee problem. How can I locate the hive?
you can calmly look into these bushes for what appears to be a ';mud football'; if they are bald faced hornets. If it's not the above, You'll see where the bees/wasps are going in and out of the enterance to the nest. Some people are allergic to these stings and can be very dangerous-lethal. Your property management would probably like to know of this situation. I would recommend hiring a pest control professional to treat this problem. Good luck, JohnI have a bee problem. How can I locate the hive?
I would probably say the bushes themselves attract the insects. If you truly had a hive nearby the house, I am sure the amount of bees would be VERY noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products