Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bees and the birds?

My friend bought me a shirt for Christmas, and on the bottom right side of the shirt there's a picture of a bird talking to a bee. And you can see the bee whispering into the birds ear, and the bird is seen exclaiming ';We do WHAT?!'; And this shirt made me realize that my parents never told me the story about the bees and the birds; although they no longer have to because I am old enough to know about reproduction. But, I'd like to know how the actual story goes.Bees and the birds?
';Birds do it


Bees do it


Even educated fleas do it!


Let's do it


Let's fall in love.';


-- Cole Porter








The best source I can find says that IF the story ever existed, it was probably African in origin, and involved a tale about a bird that laid eggs after eating honeybees. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_birds_a鈥?/a>





There really is no story as such. It just refers to stumbling parental attempts to discuss sex without discussing sex.





(';Well, you see, when bees pollinate a flower, uh, er, what I mean is...';)Bees and the birds?
That's funny. I just realized my parents never gave me ';the talk'; either. I'm kinda glad I figured it out on my own.





Anyway, I always thought the bees were used to help explain pollination (impregnation) and the birds were used to explain egg laying (birth).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products